The DLA-RS500 is JVC's high performance fully-customizable home cinema projector.
It produces exquisite quality images with JVC's exclusive 4K e-shift4. It accepts native 4K 60P (4:4:4) material through Full Speed 18Gbps HDMI/HDCP 2.2 compatible inputs and displays it with stunning 3840 x 2160 precision and unbeatable contrast and clarity.
JVC's exclusive D-ILA technology delivers a class leading 120,000:1 Native Contrast Ratio for images that pop off the screen.
For 2016, JVC projectors include HDR content compatibility and an improved Clear Motion Drive for unmatched picture quality, as well as a newly developed high power lamp that provides 1800 lumensÃ¢â‚¬â€the highest in-class brightness.
The DLA-RS500 is THX Certified and meets or exceeds the industry's highest standards. It is clearly the best value in a totally customizable 4K home theater projector.
Extraordinary Picture Quality
- 1800 Lumens with High Power Lamp (PK-L2615U) Ã¢â‚¬â€NEW for 2016
265W High / 200W Normal
- 120,000:1 Native Contrast Ratio
- Intelligent Lens Aperture increases dynamic contrast ratio to 1,200,000:1
- 6th generation 0.7-inch D-ILA devices
- e-shift4 4K Precision 3840 X 2160 Projected Image Ã¢â‚¬â€Upgraded feature
- Dual Full Speed 18Gbps HDMI/HDCP 2.2 Compatible Inputs Ã¢â‚¬â€Upgraded feature
- Compatible with full spec native 4K signals such as 4K60p 4:4:4 4K60p 4:2:2/36bit and 4K24p 4:4:4/36bit
- Compatible with 4K streaming devices and UHD BD content
- Compatible with DCI Color Space
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Compatible Ã¢â‚¬â€NEW for 2016!
- Multi Pixel Control (MPC) with Auto Mode for ease of use Ã¢â‚¬â€Improved
MPC works with 4K60P (up to 4:4:4) signals
- Clear Black processing (Patent pending)
- Motion Enhance (2D, 3D, 4K) with Clear Motion Drive Ã¢â‚¬â€Upgraded
- THXÃ‚Â® 3D Certified
- ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) LicensedÃ¢â‚¬â€ Quality installers can calibrate projector to your room
- sRGB, DCI and x.v. Color space
- Darkness and lightness correction
- Lens memory function memorizes 10 positions for focus, zoom and shift.
Maintains constant height for 2.35, 1.85, 1.78 on same screen.
- Screen Mode Presets for different screen material (117 memory positions)
- Convergence Correction - 1/16th Pixel Increments (2 memory positions)
- Simplified 6-Axis Color Management System Ã¢â‚¬â€NEW for 2016
- Manual Gamma Control included with JVC Calibration Software 6 Ã¢â‚¬â€NEW for 2016
- Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Discovery Protocol) Ã¢â‚¬â€NEW for 2016
Stunning 3D Performance with RF active shutter glasses (optional)
- Advanced 3D Crosstalk Cancellation Control
- 3D Anamorphic Mode
- Parallax adjustment for fine tuning 3D effect
- Accepts all modern 3D formats (Blu-ray, side-by-side, top-and-bottom)
Optimum Flexibility and Convenience
- Remote control via LAN, RS-232C, IR
- 12V Screen Trigger Output
- V: 80%/H: 34% motorized lens shift
- 1.4:1 to 2.8:1 lens throw
- 3 Year Warranty
||0.7 inch Full HD D-ILA (1920 X 1080) X3
|4K e-shift4 Technology
||3840 X 2160 *1
||2X Zoom, Motorized Focus, f=21.4 to 42.8mm/F3.2-F4
||+/- 80% Vertical and +/- 34% Horizontal (Motorized)
|Projection Display Size
||60 inch-200 inch (diagonal)
|Light Source Lamp
||NSH 265W (lamp life approx. 4,500 hours when lamp is in Low mode)
||1,800 Lumens *2
||HDMI X2 (Full Speed 18Gbps HDMI/HDCP 2.2 Compatible w/ HDR)
||Trigger (DC12V, 100mA), 3D Syncro (Mini DIN 3 pin)
||RS232C (D-sub 9 pin), LAN (RJ45)
|Video Input Signal Format
||480p, 576p, 720p 60/50, 1080i 60/50, 1080p 60/50/24, 3840x2160p 60/50/24, 4096x2160p 24 *3
|PC Input Signal Format (HDMI)
||Frame Packing: 720p 60/50, 1080p 24, 1080i 60/50
Side-by-Side (half): 720p 60/50, 1080p 60/50/24, 1080i 60/50
Top & Bottom: 720p 60/50 1080p 24
||21dB (When the lamp is in Low mode)
|Dimensions (W x H x D)
||17 7/8" x 7" x 18 1/2"
*1 Resolution is 1920 X 1080 in 3D mode.
*2 Measurement, Measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO 21118
*3 When the video input signal is 4096x2160, data above 3840 is cropped equally on the left & right.
*4 compare to the DLA-X750R (residential model) - same specs
What is D-ILA?
D-ILA, or Direct-Drive Image Light Amplification, is JVC-developed technology that delivers unmatched performance, with natural color reproduction, an image so smooth that it rivals film, and contrast that does justice to the most demanding program material. Since our first D-ILA projector was launched in 1997, the technology has been employed where nothing but the cleanest, sharpest, most accurate image would suffice. Today, some of the industryÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s most sophisticated projectors from the most respected manufacturers use D-ILA technology licensed from JVC.
D-ILA is liquid crystal technology, but itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s very different from the liquid crystal display (LCD) technology found in many products today. D-ILA is whatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s called liquid crystal on silicon, or LCOS, but JVC made several improvements to basic LCOS technology to develop D-ILA. At its heart is the D-ILA device, or chip, designed and manufactured by JVC. Every JVC D-ILA projector uses three D-ILA devices, one each for red, green and blue Ã¢â‚¬â€œ the three colors that are combined to create the full color palette.
What Makes D-ILA Better Than Other Technologies?
D-ILA offers several advantages over other projection technologies.
- There is very little space between D-ILA pixels, which results in an exceptionally smooth, "film-like" image. Some technologies include moving parts, and space is needed between pixels for these moving parts. Other technologies require that a transistor be mounted on each pixel and wires run between pixels. This, too, forces pixels to be spaced farther apart compared to D-ILA devices. In both of these other cases, the moving parts, transistors and wires limit the total area through which light can pass, which limits brightness. It can also create whatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s known as the "screen door effect" Ã¢â‚¬â€œ a "shadowing" on the image caused by the spaces between pixels. Look closely, and itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s as if youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re looking at the image through a screen door.
- Many other projectors use a single imaging chip, while all D-ILA projectors use three D-ILA imaging chips (one each for red, green and blue), to ensure natural, flicker-free color reproduction.
- The D-ILA device structure helps deliver very high native contrast. This is in part a consequence of the vertical alignment of the liquid crystal layers. Most recently, performance has been further improved by using new technology to make the surface more even, and pixel spacing has been further reduced. The result is unprecedented contrast, delivering deep blacks, bright whites and subtle gradations.
- D-ILA devices use an inorganic alignment layer, which contributes to the deviceÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s long life. This, along with D-ILAÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s outstanding image quality, is what makes it so well-suited for commercial applications, and is a great benefit for home theater enthusiasts as well.